How do I know if I have been hypnotised? Well the thing is that hypnosis happens all the time when you let your logical mind drift and your unconscious mind listens:
- like when you are watching TV and an advert catches your eye or some other idea
- It happens when people play violent video games or watch porn… actual physical changes happen in the brain because of this choice to allow the game or film to hypnotise you. It pays to be careful.
- It usually involves being relaxed but this is not necessary
- And if you want to make a change, just imagine that the change is happening or has happened. Add emotion so you feel more committed. Your brain can’t tell the difference. They have proved that with MRI scans
The thing is that 90% of your mind is unconscious and it is the boss, it controls you. So if you want to change your mind, your habits or your approach to any situation you need to talk to your unconscious mind and this is where hypnosis helps
Very occasionally people ask, “how do I know if I have been hypnotised?” The question usually comes from very analytical people like engineers and accountants although most of my clients from these professions have no problems at all.
The thing is that for much of your life you have probably been using your wonderful logical mind to make changes… so stop and ask yourself “how has that worked for you? Have I made all the changes that I want or need?”
If you want to change your unconscious mind you need to stop trying to control things logically and give your unconscious mind a chance to help you.
And if what you have been doing does not work, you should ask for help. Einstein very correctly said that the definition of insanity is continuing to do the same thing and expecting a different result. Accept that it is not working and come and get some help.
My self-help workshop on March 24th is a start that will provide you with some very useful and practical techniques along with some of the science behind them to help the logical people.
Then if this is not enough for you, just ask me for help. Book in directly from the website or phone me on 08 83659513. https://www.quitquickadelaide.com/book-here
Long-term easy change happens when people shut their sceptical logical mind up and let their unconscious mind (90% of their mind) work effectively on their problem.
People come to me for help in many areas and the main ones are:
- Quitting smoking and other habits
- Anxiety, stress, depression, trauma and PTSD
- Business stress – not everyone realises how big this can be and that it can also result in PTSD if it is not sorted out
- Weight loss
The processes I use work quickly, gently and very effectively provided that you want them to. Whatever your issue, for long-term change to occur you need to get your unconscious mind onside.