Congratulations on asking how to quit smoking easily! Let’s start by understanding why you find quitting so hard.
Smoking is a habit. Just think about how many times you have put a cigarette up to your lips and inhaled!
And that habitual behaviour actually builds more connections between the neurones involved as you keep repeating that behaviour.
It feels relaxing because you take a deep breath, hold it, then let it out… and repeat it several times. This releases dopamine that reaches all your cells and make you feel good. We all love dopamine! But we can get it without smoking.
Smoking is a form of meditation… meditation with poison!
Nicotine is only addictive for around 2 hours and the crazy thing about smoking to relax is that nicotine increases stress levels as well as harming your health.
- Patches don’t work because the nicotine is not the main addiction and they do not change the habit. Plus the concentration gives many smokers a bigger dose of nicotine than they were getting already.
- Aversion drugs like Champix that are prescribed by the medical profession act by blocking the ability of nicotine to release dopamine. This works for some people by really putting them off smoking but many smokers find the side effects to hard to take.
The Five Steps
- Write down why you still smoke… be VERY honest here, what are your triggers?
- Now write down why you want to quit – think then make this list emotional not just logical
- What blocks you from Quitting? Write it down
- When did you start and why? Again, write it
- Book your time – https://www.quitquickadelaide.com/book-here
The good news is about hypnosis!
When you are deeply relaxed, as you are in hypnosis your brain releases chemicals the evoke feelings of calmness and security and allows you wipe out learned habitual behaviour – they actually break down those extra neural connections caused by the habit.
Unlearning a habit sometimes produces a need to grieve for your cigarettes…Hypnosis is overwhelmingly good at reducing your feelings of separation distress as you separate from smoking cigarettes. In the unlikely event that you do have a problem I want you to simply come back for a second hypnosis session at no extra cost.
Ongoing treatment and support
I give all my clients a hypnosis CD to that they can listen to the sound track every night until the old habit is completely and totally gone. Regular use of the sound track is a required part of the treatment.
Every time you listen to this and relax completely, your stress levels reduce and your brain releases more of the other chemicals that break down those old neural pathways, that old habit.
You can feel very confident coming to me to help you quit smoking because I have helped hundreds to quit successfully and mostly in a single session. If you do need additional help, you simply come back free.
The secret is that I spend the time with you to understand why quitting has been hard for you in the past and also why it is now important.